Today is my birthday. I'm now 36 years old, so I'm told. I have a friend visiting from Bombardopolis, about 18 hours bus ride from Jeremie! He came along to see this side of the country, and so I wouldn't have to make the trip by myself back from Port-au-Prince.
Not long ago, I made my first trip to Charlette on a movie showing weekend. Charlette is a little more than 2 hours drive away from Jeremie, and then about an hour's hike up the mountain. There is a church with about 150 people in regular attendance. They meet under a tarp. They had the foundation and part of the walls finished. God answered their prayers, and I was touched by their situation! Out of the blue, a friend from Texas asked if there was any way for me to help host one of his teams as his other options had fallen through. I mentioned Charlette and a few days later, we had set the dates. (For this November!)
I brought a load of tin back for the project, which I bought in Port-au-Prince directly from the factory. It was longer (14-feet) and heavier (0.40mm) than the tin I could purchase locally. Buying in Port and doing the transportation with the "White Wonder of God's Provision" saved a small fortune.
|Church Folks Praising the Lord for Tin|
|Carrying the Tin Up the Mountain|
- I have completed the new Vrè Sekirite a DVD and it is being replicated.
- I have completed the first draft of the Le Combat English subtitles and they are being proofed/corrected. The new master DVD is also partially completed, including new menus.
- Great woman’s conference.
- Good hurricane season thus far.
- I have a friend visiting me for my birthday (today), and my maid baked me a cake.
- I received a scholarship to attend the OpenMRS Implementers Meetings in Kenya this October.
- Pray for ministry contacts to show movies in the Jeremie area.
- Pray for the re-mastering of the Vrè Sekirite a, Le Combat and La Solution DVD’s.
- Pray for the ability to get the new DVD’s shipped into Haiti.
- Pray for the church at Charlette (that they will get their walls/bond beam up in time for the church roof team).
- Pray for the church roof construction team.
- Pray for victory in the unseen battle.
- Pray for health and will to keep doing ministry.
- Pray for a good hurricane season.
- Pray for some good friends/fellowship in Jeremie.